Job title: Crop Insurance Intern
Company: Great American Insurance
Job description: Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a “small company” culture where your ideas will be heard with “big company” expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
The Great American Insurance Group’s Crop Insurance Division is seeking two summer interns for an in-person opportunity at their Peoria, IL office. Internships typically consist of a 10-12 week period over the summer. We are accepting resumes for Crop Insurance Internship candidates for the Summer 2023.
Within the Crop Insurance division, interns will work on meaningful assignments and gain exposure to a variety of roles, including business development, underwriting, claims, and field office management. To gain a broader perspective of the business, interns will have the opportunity to shadow individuals who work in the various functions and assist them with their tasks. In addition, interns will be assigned their own summer-long project to manage and complete with guidance from a mentor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Shadowing and working with business development, underwriting, claims, and the field office manager to learn about and to support their work.
- Completing a summer-long internship project to support the crop organization.
- Traveling to the home office in Cincinnati to learn about our other divisions, meet with other interns, employees and senior leadership and learn about the company.
- Participating in courses, seminars, and workshops, including those in Great American University and Crop University, for personal growth, to develop business acumen and to learn about crop insurance.
Crop Insurance interns will participate in activities with other interns, employees, and leaders throughout the organization. In addition to the on-the-job learning that takes place, interns will participate in Growing Great Americans in Crop, a program for interns and new hires, and the Corporate Great American Internship Program.
- Current student in an agricultural degree program
- Desired competencies include superior communication, eagerness to learn, self-motivation, adaptability
Business Unit: Crop
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.
Location: Peoria, IL
Job date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 08:51:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!