Sometimes you need to rest. It could be an extended study break or a much-needed break from your career. Whatever happens, you’ll need the kind of travel insurance that will cover your entire trip.
Insurance companies offer you the type of insurance policy you need for such a trip. This type of insurance is called Gap Year Travel Insurance.
Who is this Insurance for?
Gap Year Travel Insurance targets people aged between 16 and 50 who are planning extended trips. Students as well as other travelers from the UK and European Union who are on a tight budget are ideal candidates for this type of travel insurance policy. The range is comprehensive with no frills, so it is easily affordable.
This policy covers up to 15 months of travel and can even be extended up to 18 months. This type of insurance policy covers all Global Countries such as the United States, Canada, Caribbean Islands, Mexico and even Japan.
The Benefits of Gap Year Travel Insurance
When you choose the Gap Year Policy, you get the following benefits:
- You don’t have to be a student to be eligible for this insurance policy. People up to the age of 50 can buy Gap Year Travel Insurance.
- All UK and European Union residents can purchase this cover.
- You get coverage even after departure, which means that if you’ve started your travels and then realize you don’t have insurance cover, you can still contact the insurance company and get Gap Year Travel Insurance.
- You are covered for Medical Conditions Without a Screen. Insurance companies have a list of medical conditions that are covered free of charge as part of Gap Year Travel Insurance standard cover. So, if your condition is listed and has been stable for at least 12 months, you don’t have to worry about paying extra for medical coverage.
- In addition to standard medical cover, you also get 24-hour Emergency Medical Assistance.
- An interesting one – even cruise trips are covered as standard on your Gap Year Travel policy.
- Most adventure activities like trekking, cycling, most sports activities and underwater are also covered as part of your package. However, if you are looking at higher risk extreme sports, you will need to take out add-on cover in addition to your existing travel policy.
- You can also customize your policy with additional add-ons. For example, you can get cover for your valuables, excess waiver cover, repatriation to New Zealand, Australia or South Africa, cover for winter sports and even a return home cover, to name a few.
The best time to buy your insurance policy is when you are planning your trip. This way, if you have to cancel your trip at the last minute, you get cancellation cover. Safe travels!